The Committee has released an issues paper which provides an outline of key interest areas and invites submissions. Submissions from individuals, businesses, peak bodies and other interested organisations are welcome.
Have your say
You can have your say online through the Department of Communications and the Arts website.
You can also have your say through an online form.
You can also email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose this third option, you will receive an email acknowledgement from the Secretariat. If you do not receive this within 5 business days, please contact the Secretariat.
Submissions close Sunday 5 August 2018 at 5.00pm (AEST)
Note: Submissions that are greater than 10MB may not be delivered through the Department’s internet gateway.
Submissions can be made by post to:
2018 Regional Telecommunications Review Secretariat
Department of Communications and the Arts
GPO Box 2154
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Face to face meetings
The Committee has begun meeting face-to-face with communities, business and governments across regional, rural and remote Australia to hear about their experiences.
The Committee will be holding community consultations at the below locations.
The confirmed consultations are listed below:
- Time: 12pm - 1:30pm
- Date: 24 July 2018
- Venue: Crossing Theatre, 117 Tibbereena St, Narrabri
- Time: 10:00am - 11:30am
- Date: 25 July 2018
- Venue: Ibis Styles Tamworth, 80-90 Ebsworth Street, Cnr of Ebsworth and Bridge St, Tamworth
- Time: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Date: 31 July 2018
- Venue: Bairnsdale RSL, 2 Bairnsdale-Forge Creek Rd, Bairnsdale
- Time: 2:15pm - 3:45pm
- Date: 31 July 2018
- Venue: Hamilton Performing Arts Centre, 113 Brown St, Hamilton.
- 6 June 2018 - Katherine - Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre
- 8 June 2018 - Kununurra - KGT Employment
- 17 July 2018 - Bunbury - Koombana Bay Sailing Club
- 18 July 2018 - Albany - Albany Bowling Club
- 19 July 2018 - Kalgoorlie - Quality Inn, Railway Hotel
- 19 June 2018 - Stanley - Stanley Town Hall
- 19 June 2018 - Devonport - Mersey Yacht Club
- 25 June 2018 - Whyalla - Mt Laura Homestead
- 25 June 2018 - Port Augusta - Central Oval
- 26 June 2018 - Clare Valley - Clare Country Club
- 3 July 2018 - Renmark - Renmark Hotel
- 3 July 2018 - Mildura - Quality Hotel Mildura Grand
New South Wales
- 5 July 2018 - Wagga Wagga - Commercial Club
- 6 July 2018 - Griffith - Griffith Ex-Servicemen's Club
- 9 July 2018 - Dalby - Dalby Leagues Club
- 9 July 2018 - Longreach - Qantas Founders Museum
- 10 July 2018 - Townsville - Mercure Townsville
- 11 July 2018 - Cairns - Pullman Cairns International